Posted 2 months ago
To assist and participate in various activities on assigned drilling rig to meet drilling/work-over program. Includes working under the direction of Crane Operator and Barge Operator, assisting in all loading unloading operations including transfer of cargo on board the rig such as drill pipe, casing, drilling tools, chemicals, pallets, cargo cages, cargo baskets, oil drums, conducting housekeeping activities and adhering to company safety regulations.
- Performs general cleaning duties rig as directed, including washing and painting of floors, rails, structures and carries out needle gunning, sandblasting, priming and painting of areas to maintain area of work in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assists Derrick-man in chemicals mixing activities including basic operation and maintenance of mud hopper to aid the drilling process. Assists on the rig floor in numerous activities as part of his continuing development.
- Assists in all loading and unloading activities from trucks or barges including transfer of cargo on board the rig such as drill pipe, casing, drilling tools, chemicals, pallets, cargo cages, cargo baskets, oil drums; to be familiar with safe slinging practices, load rating of different sizes of lifting equipment and crane operators signaling methods.
- Familiarizes himself with general rig safety rules and ensures that equipment and machinery are used in a safe way.
- Take an active part in GDI STOP program.
- Use of safety harness and riding belts, man riding.
- Perform any other similar or related duties such as assisting in rig moves, tying of equipment and stores as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Completion of 9 years (primary) education
- 1 year experience in similar job.
|Job Category||Full Time|