Rig Move Supervisor
Posted 2 months ago
- Evaluate all rig moves and rig move processes and provide recommendations and advice to the Department Management on improvement of plans, procedures and policies related to rig
- Liaise with Rig Managers and Rig Superintendents to define timeframes for rig moves, equipment required, load specifications, ensuring that adequate support services manpower, equipment and tools are made available for safe and efficient rig moves.
- Assist the Rig Superintendent to check and verify the layout, compaction, leveling and suitability of new location before commencement of rig move
- Supervise critical lifts, according rig move- and lifting plans.
- Manage the activities of Rig Move Chief Electricians and Chief Mechanics to ensure that dismantling, installation, packing, rig up, stacking and storage of all related equipment is in line with the rig move plan and procedure.
- Ensures that all the rig move crew are trained and certified according company’s policies.
- Supervise/organize that all GDI rig move equipment is in good working state and certified according to company’s regulations and standards prior to rig moves.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure that adequate petty cash is available for processing rig move permits.
- Maintain cordial working relationships with 3rd party subcontractors related to the rig move.
- Actively involved in creation and updating of rig move manuals procedures and lifting plans.
- Creates/prepares all needed document related to rig move – truck loading sequence, manpower and equipment KPI list, GDI and 3rd party inspection documents for cranes, tractor/trailers, forklifts, lifting gears, rig move schedules, personnel, vehicle and equipment presence list.
- Manage Rig Move Transport document data base – personnel documents, training certificates, lifting equipment and gears certificates, review and control all daily reports from RMT, daily man-hour and POB
- Engineering degree in related field.
- Applicable Certificate Training Courses in Rigging and Slinging, H2S, First Aid, Basic Fire Safety Level II, and applicable Driver’s Licence
- LEEA certification approved
- 9+ years of experience in a similar role of rig moves and or transportation of equipment.
- Minimum of 4 years in Supervisor role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of drilling equipment & materials, which includes dismantling, installation, packing, rig up, stack up and storage of all related equipment.
- Knowledge in HSE procedures & rules
- Team organization and quality control skills.
|Job Category||Full Time|