HSE Officer (HSEO) Offshore
Posted 2 months ago
To provide HSE technical monitoring/coaching/mentoring and assistance to rig/ asset management on compliance with applicable state and international regulations, GDI programs and policies to enhance employee awareness of HSE awareness and to enable them to fulfil their HSE responsibilities.
- Conduct HSE induction for crew and visitors to the rig/asset depending on the job duties being carried out at that time.
- Coach GDI employees & 3rd party personnel on safe work practices on board the respective Rig or Asset.
- Monitor and implement environmental legal requirements/regulation to ensure the rig is in compliance with health, safety and environmental laws, standards, and regulations of governmental agencies.
- Maintain environmental documentation and records as required by regulation to support permit compliance and other requirements.
- Conduct visual inspection of the H2S equipment & BA system to ensure that this essential equipment is in working condition 24/7. Report any defects/issues to H2S Technician (if assigned) or to mechanic/person responsible.
- Provide support as necessary to enhance safe helicopter take off and landing on board the rig/ asset if no other person available as trained HLO onboard.
- Maintain files and prepare required electronic and written reports/risk statistics including weekly, monthly, annual and environment reports and other related reports so that management can plan accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct HSE Supervisor in order to ensure that flow of work is continuous and adequate relief is provided.
- Leads the continual improvement process of GDI and applicable client’s HSE programs on-board.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of IMS programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline or preferable in HSE or Engineering
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC)
Minimum 5 years “hands-on” HSE Officer/Advisor experience in drilling or work over rigs with sound working knowledge of best oilfield practices &
|Job Category||Full Time|