To supervise and participate in the rig floor activities on an assigned rig to ensure timely, environmentally friendly, and safe execution of the established drilling / completion / work-over program.
- Supervises the activities of assigned personnel on the rig floor to ensure that all drilling activities are conducted as per approved plan and the function is performed at the level established by management for the position
- Operate the drilling controls while observing gauges and other aids to apply appropriate weight on bit, rotation and drill pipe pressure to drill ahead. Drills the hole using good oilfield practice to the required depth including calculating the volume of drilling fluid and required pre-kick estimate of materials needed
- Monitors the string in terms of quality performance. Ensures that proper maintenance and handling is observed, always on the lookout to detect anomalies such as kicks, pressure losses and abnormal torque
- Co-ordinates the use of draw-works to run or pull drill pipe while observing the actions of the Derrick-man and rig floor-man to ensure their safety. Controls the speed of the pipe during tripping by lowering or withdrawing to allow for safe operations on the rig floor and maintain stability in the well
- Monitors and controls the mud activities to obtain proper mud volume, mud quality and sufficient pressure for continuous drilling. Includes directing routine maintenance of the pump room and auxiliary mud equipment
- Maintains primary well control with the use of the correct fluid weights in the well bore that the hydrostatic pressure of the well is maintained above pore pressure
- Maintains primary well control with the use of the correct fluid weights in the well bore that the hydrostatic pressure of the well is maintained above pore pressure.
- Reports any downhole issues and trends swiftly to the tool pusher
- Supervises the installation, functioning, pressure testing of the rig BOP and accumulator control system.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education
- Valid I.W.C.F. certificate (Drillers Level for Surface Bop Stack)
- Applicable short training courses: Fire Fighting and Survival H2S, ALERT, Accident Prevention, BOP, Well Kick Control and Prevention
- 8 years’ onshore rig experience with minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Driller.
|Job Category||Full Time|