Gulf Drilling International
To provide HSE and technical assistance to rig management, ensure compliance with applicable state and international regulations, GDI programs and policies to prevent environmental problems by increasing environmental awareness amongst the GDI workforce. To provide first aid treatment to employees on assigned, vessel or location and assist in giving emergency treatment to crew onboard prior to evacuation for further treatment
- Provides general first aid and medical care to personnel on-board to ensure the level of medical care meets the company standards, this includes dealing with cuts and abrasions, making and changing dressings and giving tetanus injections.
- Maintain stock of first aid and medical supplies as per the GDI’s approved list and initiate necessary requisition orders to replenish such stock.
Ensures that safety equipment stock is at an adequate level and checks that equipment is in order so as not to run out of basic safety equipment needed to do daily task with the backing of PIC (Person in Charge).
Coordinate Treatment of Patients and Communicate with Office:
- Informs / agree with the OHA / Company Doctor on the need for patients to be evacuated to Doha in case of serious illness or bad injury and ensure that the message is conveyed to the relevant departments and ensure that an incoming patient is received by an ambulance and seen by a specialist.
- Ensures that necessary preliminary medical report is available with the patient going to Doha for further treatment.
Reviews the discharge medical report / results of tests in coordination with the Occupational Health Advisor / Company Doctor to ensure that any further medication required is taken by the patient.
Environmental and Legal Requirements:
- Implementation of environmental items to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental laws, standards and regulations of governmental and other regulatory agency.
- Maintains environmental documentation and records as required by regulation to support permit compliance and other requirements.
- Monitors and implements environmental legal requirements/regulation as per his specific MOU.
Ensure that bio-hazard wastes are packaged as per company waste management procedure and relevant documentation filed accordingly.
Training and On-board Safety Induction:
- Participates in presenting employee training programs and advises management on upgrading the training systems regarding Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Conducts safety awareness training/ safety meetings for on-board crew, enforcing and promoting safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with the Training Officer to schedule mandatory training courses.
Conduct on-board HSE induction for all personnel arriving on-board.
Food Preparation Inspection:
- Liaise with catering camp boss on the provision of food and accommodation services on assigned GDI Asset.
- Inspects food preparation and accommodation areas to ensure conformance to established hygiene standards,
- Informs the supervisor of any deviation or problems with quality, quantity and service of food and cleanliness of accommodation and advises on steps to be taken, to ensure that all services are in line with set standards.
- Keep records of catering personnel health certificates and checks condition of food stuff and validity.
Instructs and guides cleaners to ensure cleanliness and good hygiene is maintained always.
- Prepares equipment and documentation for random inspections by GDI and GDI clients when required.
- Conduct site inspections and audits on the Mobile Offshore Unit (MOU/MODU) managing GDI audit schedule.
- Conduct spot checks of work areas and ensures everyone knows the hazards and risk associated with certain tasks that are undertaken on-board.
Monitors employee exposure to occupational hazards and recommend controls.
- Maintains documents and files and prepares required electronic and written weekly, monthly, annual environment reports or other related reports.
- Compile monthly HSE statistics and submit for management review.
Prepares incident & illness reports as per company policy and procedure.
Participates in Investigations
Assist in incident investigation on-board along with other team members constituted by PIC to ensure that required corrective measures are taken and help to ensure reoccurrence is eliminated.
- Coaches GDI employees & 3rd party personnel on safe work practices to enhance safety on-board.
Work hand in hand with supervisors and employees to insure they are working within the guidelines set forth in the IMS. This will be achieved through direct consultation with the PIC and support from direct HSE Supervisor.
Advise to MOU/MODU & Crew:
- Leads the continual improvement process of GDI and applicable client’s HSE programs on-board.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of IMS / HSEMS programs.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of field specific safety and environmental programs and procedures.
Provides information and explains policy and procedures as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine (or equivalent) from a university that is listed in the IMED FAIMER Directory.
- Pass the PROMETRIC exam by Ministry of Public Health-Qatar
- Qualifications in alternative medicine physiotherapy, Homeopathy, Ayruvedic are not acceptable.
- Have attended and be in possession of certificate ACLS (advanced critical life Support) or other similar training as required. However, such training shall be completed in Qatar during probation period.
- The applicant shall be currently registered and licensed within the country of origin
- Basic qualifications for Offshore Rig Doctor
- ALS (Advanced Life Support)
- ITLS (International Trauma Life Support)
Note: ITLS, ILS, AND ALS should be renewed according to the prescribed date of validity (e.g ITLS 4 years validity
- Licensed/eligible to be licensed to practice as doctor by MOPH-QATAR
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety
- 5 years’ experience as Doctor including proof of working in an emergency and outpatient hospital set-up.
- At least 3 years’ experience in drilling or work over rigs.
- Emergency care and medication, patient stabilization in case of emergencies,
- Good administrative skills.
- Understand the business area (drilling, work over, well servicing) & familiar with applicable industry guidelines.
- Understand/identify health safety & environmental hazards associated with the business and be strong enough to intervene when it is needed.
- Be familiar with current legislation for MOU/MODU.
- Understand job hazard identification.
- Be a self starter with limited amount of guidance is a must.
- Be familiar with environmental awareness & related programs.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of best oilfield practices & management systems.
- Be familiar with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Basic knowledge of drilling and well servicing is paramount to being effective.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment.Group@gdi.com.qa