On 12th April, GDI had their first Town Hall meeting of 2012 at the Diplomatic Club. The main purpose of the meeting was to review GDI’s performance in 2012 the outlook for the rest of the year and beyond.
The meeting was opened with a welcome address from the CEO, followed presenting a summary of GDI’s HSE statistics by the QHSE Manager. The A/COO then updated the gathering with operational issues. That was followed by the Senior Finance Manager’s presentation on the financial results of 2011 and the outlook for 2012.
The management’s reports to staff were concluded by the CEO, in which he summarized the performance of the company in 2011 and urged the staff to continue to work hard to finish the year strongly.There was then a Q&A session, in which the staff addressed any questions they had for management. The main outcome was that:
• Employees should not be shy to point out their difficulties or suggest improvement. People should not have to wait till the next Townhall meeting to air their concerns
• A suggestion box will soon be placed on rigs to invite employee comments and concerns
• That people should be encouraged to be constructively critical
• GDI welcomes personal initiatives to support company business
• Though it may appear that solutions may not be visible immediately, the company takes serious note of employee comments and problems and is working to analyze the issues and seek suitable remedies
The CEO thanked staff and field crews for their contribution to performance, HSE and general well being of GDI. He appreciated the improvements noted in various areas and urged them to remain focused and vigilant to continue on the path to improvement